Like mana from Valhalla (yes I know I’m mixing my religious metaphors), the recent Dev Blog by CCP Legion asks questions which make for perfect Blog Bantering. To quote him,

“…we want to make the first days, weeks and months in EVE enjoyable and not just something ‘you have to plough through in order to get to the good stuff’” and the newly formed Player Experience team will focus on “…where and why people lose interest in EVE…”.

“We invite you to pour your heart (or guts) out and tell us what you think is good or bad with the current new player experience and what you think could be done about the problems.”

So let’s get self-eviscerating. Banter on.

[For more information on Blog Banters, read this.]

Inspired literary self-harmers will be listed below.

Ugleb · 19/02/2012 at 19:31

I wrote this a few hours before I saw there was a blog banter going round;

Urziel99 · 21/02/2012 at 05:21

My two cents and a bit of a shamless plus at.

Seriously though, if you deal with newer players let me know what questions they ask so we can make good up to date references.

Crash · 23/02/2012 at 03:25

Blogs are a much better place than the forums for this sort of discussion.

Kat Robspierre · 23/02/2012 at 17:18

Something for those of us who want your wallet, not your killmail…

Hans Jagerblitzen · 24/02/2012 at 10:43

Hello Stan! Here's my contribution to the discussion, with respect to the recent announcement about the summer expansion.

Lukas Rox · 27/02/2012 at 19:01

My two cents; Better late, than never: http://pozniak.pl/wp/?p=3969

Emergent Patroller · 01/03/2012 at 06:52

Great, so Mittani posts something on a forum where you have to be a member before you can comment. That basically shows where he is coming from: A segregated community that has no meritocratic structure related to this game. All you need to do is pay $10 to SA and you're in. Great, so Goonswarm has a community outside of EVE, nothing new there. Then you proceed to rub it in everyone's face. Apart from being way beside the point on this blogbanter Mr. Gianturco, what is it you want to say? People who play EVE and like it for it's own sake are fools? If you and your Goonswar are so high an mighty, why do you even bother?

Seismic Stan · 01/03/2012 at 07:03

Woah there EP. In the Mittani's defence, I included his Sins of a Solar Spymaster article as it was very timely and relevant to our discussion, however he doesn't explicitly reference this Blog Banter or suggest he is taking part.

That said, his article is not hidden away on the Something Awful forums, it's in a public space on Ten Ton Hammer and I am sure there is facility to post a direct response there.

Emergent Patroller · 01/03/2012 at 07:20

I did not mean to say you need to be a member of SA to comment, but you _do_ need to register an account with TenTonHammer before you can.

By no means did I intend to criticize you for including his article, Stan, but I found it very much lacking in any constructive content. He basically states that his Alliance (and some others) are better because they have no ties to the in-game community.

While I feel he is welcome to this opinion, I do not see how that contributes at all to the subject at hand.

My apologies if I went too far with my comments.

Seismic Stan · 01/03/2012 at 07:53

Not at all mate, your opinion is welcome and encouraged. I included The Mittani's article as it covers the EVE player experience from two perspectives, potentially highlighting an issue that may contribute to the subscriber retention concerns the CCP Player Experience team are investigating.