Welcome the the thirty-fifth EVE Blog Banter.
Now approaching its tenth year, the EVE Online player community has matured into an intricate and multi-faceted society viewed with envy by other game developers, but is frequently regarded with suspicion by the wider gaming community.
Is this perception deserved? Should “The Nation of EVE” be concerned by its public identity and if so how might that be improved? What influence will the integration of the DUST 514 community have on this culture in the future?
[Unrelated and random bonus question sponsored by EVE News 24: What single button would you recommend be included on an EVE-specific keyboard?]
For more information on what this is and how to get involved in Blog Banters, read this.
A list of entries will be maintained below and at the end of the banter period a summary will be written and linked here.
- BB35 by Xander @ Crossing Zebras
- BB35 by Drackarn @ Sand, Cider and Spaceships
- On the Outside Looking In by Kirith Kodachi @ Inner Sanctum of the Ninveah
- For the Nation! (EVE Nation that is) by Lucas Rox @ Torchwood Archives
- BB35 by Harrigan VonStudly @ Gun Turret Diplomacy
- Through the Lens of Past Experience by Emergent Patroller
- Eve and the people that hate it by Urziel99 @ Urziel’s EVE Chronicle
- Growing Up by Grimmash @ Warp to Zero
- The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am… by H @ Aggressive Logistics
- Individuality by blastradius @ Blastrad’s Tales
- All Bark or All Bite by Logan Fyerite at Eve Opportunist
- What public identity? by Evehermit at Evehermit’s Blog
- The long tail by splatus @ A journey through the mind
- Public perception, or what the eyes see and the ears hear the mind believes by Myrhial Arkenath @ Diary of a Pod Pilot
- Eff ’em if They Can’t Take a Gank by TurAmarth Elrandir @ A Carbon Based Life
- State of the Nation by The Scientist @ A Scientist’s Life in EVE
- The Nation of EVE and Why it is Perfectly Fine by Marc Scaurus @ MALEFACTOR
- The Society of EVE – 2400 Year in the Making by Rundle Allnighter @ EVE All Night
- The Implications of being built on Trust by Conventia Underking @ Married Minmatar Life
- One Nation, Under Amarr by Demortes @ Play the Game – EVE Online
- Perception is reality by Ripard Teg @ Jester’s Trek
- Being the Villain by Tommy Rollins @ Rollins’ Ride in Eve
- Capsuleers are not special snowflakes by Mabrick @ Mabrick’s Mumblings
- Perceptions by Ardent Defender
- The Sandbox Game and You and Others by Lelouch DeGilead @ Ladled Testimonies
- Late to the Party by Anshu Zephyran @ Structure Damage
- BB35 by Nikolaj Vincent @ EVE Stratics