“A gaming universe as vast and unique as EVE Online is constantly evolving and the experience is different for every participant. Conventional games review techniques cannot possibly hope to provide an accurate measure of every aspect of EVE’s gameplay. However, with a community initiative like the Blog Banters, we have the resources to deliver the most thorough and up-to-date review ever.
By combining the experiences of contributors from across the EVE metasphere, we get a wealth of opinions from veterans and rookies alike. We’ll be able to combine input from faction warfare specialists, wormhole residents, null-sec warriors, missioners, pirates, industrialists, roleplayers, politicians and more to paint a complete picture of the health and progress of EVE Online in its current Retribution incarnation.
Who better to review EVE Online than those who know it best?”
Welcome to the 42nd EVE Blog Banter, the cross-blog conversation that gives voice to grassroots communities throughout the EVE metasphere.
Take part in the 2012 Blog Banter review of EVE Online right here.
Last December, the Blog Banter community first attempted a review of EVE Online with pretty effective results. We had 21 reviewing bloggers who pitched in to deliver their varied reviews. You can read the 2011 Community Review summary and browse through the individual reviews here, but as a spoiler, each submitted review which included a numerical score was fed into the Bantertron Megacruncher and EVE Online was awarded an metacritic-style overall score of 82% for the post-Crucible 2011 period.
How it Works
Each contributing blogger will write a review on their blog, which will adhere their own standards and opinions. At the bottom of this post will be a collected list of all such reviews. At the end of the banter period, someone will absorb the entire field of opinion and produce a masterwork of a yearly review. Or die trying.
In order to make the Blog Banter Community Review all come together here’s a couple of guidelines:
- Focused Analysis: Each banterer is encouraged to focus on their area of expertise to provide an expert opinion on the aspect of EVE with which they are most familiar. This doesn’t have to be an exclusive focus and of course a broader overview is also welcome, but targeted analysis will encourage greater variety across the reviews and enable the reader to better understand your point of view.
- Numerical Scoring: The inclusion of a scoring system which suits your chosen reviewing style would be great, because numbers are super helpful for people who are scared of words in large groups. It also makes presentation of the final summary a little easier.
Remember this is a community review, so by all means get feedback from your corpmates and readers. The more opinion we can distil into a single uber-review at the end of the process, the more relevant it will be. I hope we can deliver an overall picture of community opinion in the New Year, so take your time and have a great holiday season.
- The Five Year Re-Review by Jacabon Mere @ Capital Storm Corporation
- Harkconnan’s Eve Online Review by Harkconnan @ Extra Vehicular
- An EVE Year in Review by Evehermit
- Multiplayer by Corelin @ Mad Haberdashers
- 2012 Community Review of EVE Online by Drackarn @ Sand, Cider and Spaceships
- OOC Soylent Green review of Eve by Mike Azariah @ A Missioneer in Eve
- EVE Online 2012 Review by Roc Wieler @ Roc’s Ramblings
- 2012: The Rebirth of Faction War by Kuan Yida @ Random Posts from Auga
- The Capsuleer Experience by Kody Gloval @ Electronics Evangelist
- It was a Rebuilding Year by Mabrick @ Mabrick’s Mumblings
- Is EvE the answer? by Helena Khan @ Aggressive Logistics
- My Year in Review by Sugar Kyle @ Low Sec Lifestyle
- Eve is 1000% Better Now by Rixx Javix @ Eveoganda
- Trying to Review EVE Online, Are you Kidding Me? by Ardent Defender
- The Road More Traveled by Aiden Mourn @ Finders & Keepers
- EVE in Review – Exploration by Morphisat @ Morphisat’s Blog
- Reviewing Eve, again by Urziel99 @ Urziel’s EVE Chronicle
- 2012 Eve Online Review, Harri Style by Harrigan Vonstudly @ Gun Turret Diplomacy
- Eve Online Review – Retribution.. or Deliverance by Orakkus @ 2nd Anomaly From the Left
- Review of Crafting (industry) in EVE Online by Lukas Rox @ Torchwood Archives